I’ve created another film quiz for you to consume this holiday period. No prizes on offer, just some wholesome fun for you to devour with your friends and families this Christmas and New Year.
Round One – 2017 in Film
- Which two actors presented the infamous Best Film Academy Award at this year’s ceremony, fumbling the result and announcing the wrong winner?
- Which American cinema chain came under fire in April when they announced they would allow customers to use their phones during films?
- Which film won the Palme d’Or at the Cannes Film Festival in May this year?
- Park Chan-Wook directed the brilliant film The Handmaiden this year, but what is the director’s nationality?
- Which song was played in the famous “shopping for coffee” sequence at the start of the film Baby Driver? Half a point each for the artist and the song.
- Which three countdown times were given at the start of Dunkirk to signify the start point for each of the three intertwining stories?
- In the film Blade Runner 2049, what was the name of the company responsible for creating replicants?
- Name the New Zealand director behind the Marvel superhero film Thor: Ragnarok.
- The film The Disaster Artist depicts the creation of an infamous film by Tommy Wiseau. Name that film!
- Which British comedian starred as Captain Edrison Peavey of the First Order in the film Star Wars: The Last Jedi?
Round Two – Academy Awards
Simply name the nine films that were nominated for Best Film at the 89th Academy Awards, presented in 2017. Have a bonus point for getting them all right!
Round Three – Name that still!