Here’s a bit of fun for you – a quiz of the last year in film. Answers some time next week. No prizes. Enjoy!
1. The Golden Globes took place on 12th January in Beverley Hills. What edition of the Golden Globes was this?
2. Set in Paris and directed by McG, what was the name of Kevin Coster’s critically-panned action film released in February?
3. According to John Travolta, who won the Academy Award for Best Song in March?
4. British acting legend Bob Hoskins sadly passed away on 29th April, leaving behind a legacy of excellent performances throughout a busy career in cinema. But in which 2012 film did we see Hoskins in his final role?
5. Which top-billed character was cut from the film X-Men: Days of Future Past for timing purposes, sparking a furore amongst fans demanding a recut version, now set for release in summer 2015?
6. Released in June, which film went on to be the highest grossing of the year despite featuring hardly any dinosaurs at all?
7. What was the name of Michel Gondry’s quirky romantic film, released in July and starring Romain Duris and Audrey Tautou.
8. Which film, released in August, featured minor performances from Rob Zombie, Peter Serafinowicz and Josh Brolin?
9. Which stop-motion animated film, released in September, featured the voice talents of Sir Ben Kingsley, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost?
10. On 18th October 2014, which Andrey Zvyagintsev film was awarded Best Film at the London Film Festival?
11. Which Oscar-winning actor had a posthumous role in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part One as Plutarch Heavensbee?
12. What was the scientific explanation offered in Ridley Scott’s Exodus: Gods and Kings for the parting of the Red Sea?
13. Which 10-hour Claude Lanzmann documentary about the Holocaust is set for release by Masters of Cinema in January 2015, the first time it will be available on Blu-Ray in the UK?
14. Name any five of the nine films released by Walt Disney Pictures in 2014 (not including Marvel Studios releases).
Marks out of 18.